The following Terms and Conditions describe your rights and responsibilities when using ePEERS.com (“ePEERS”) and conditions under which ePEERS can be used. By using, accessing or viewing ePEERS, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended at any time upon our posting updated Terms and Conditions, and which you will agree to be bound upon your continued use of or access to ePEERS. These Terms and Conditions represent binding commitments by you to us. If you do not accept or agree with all of these Terms and Conditions without modification, do not use ePEERS, and you are not authorized to use or access ePEERS for any purpose.
- Authorized Use
ePEERS is a social media website which enables appropriate communications between college and university students only. The use of our Platform is limited only to undergraduate students currently enrolled in a college or university. A student is eligible to participate on ePEERS once they have legally graduated from high school, been admitted to an accredited college, and been provided by that college with an .edu email address. Your eligibility will be verified by you upon enrollment, and you shall forfeit your access to ePEERS when you are no longer an undergraduate student.
Notwithstanding any Terms and Conditions set forth below (and without limiting any such Terms and Conditions), you understand that your access to and use of ePEERS may be suspended and/or terminated, and any content or information you post or disclose may be removed, at any time for any reason or no reason in our discretion. You have no entitlement to continue to use our Platform on an on-going basis because you were initially allowed to use such Platform.
Your privacy is very important to us. Neither ePEERS nor any third party intend to monitor your communications, and neither ePEERS nor any third party are required to monitor communications on ePEERS. However, any reports properly submitted to ePEERS in accordance with Section 3 of these Terms and Conditions may result in ePEERS, or an ePEERS representative reviewing communications to determine whether a violation of these Terms and Conditions has occurred. Although you may make posts anonymously on ePEERS, such anonymity is with regard to other third parties utilizing our Platform (and does not mean that we will not be able to identify persons making posts internally). In addition, your anonymity is not protected in any manner for violations of any of these Terms and Conditions, any other policies of ePEERS or any violations of law.
- Reporting Abuse and ePEERS Responsibility
ePEERS strives to provide a Platform for college and university students free from abusive content. To do this, ePEERS relies on its students to self-police ePEERS and its content. If you see offensive, abusive, harassing, or otherwise inappropriate communication or other use of ePEERS that violated these Terms and Conditions, please report it to us by clicking the “Report Concern” link that will be available on your Platform’s web page. Please further note the following:
- ePEERS has the right to take action any time your activity or content violates these Terms and Conditions or applicable law.
- ePEERS does not guarantee that action will be taken simply as a result of receiving one or more reports of misuse of violations of these Terms and Conditions.
- If you report a violation of these Terms and Conditions, including any abusive behavior or other misuse of ePEERS, please tell us why you believe the content should be removed or further action is warranted.
- ePEERS decisions may change after receiving additional information or context about specific communications, posts or activity, or after seeing new content.
- The consequences for violating these Terms and Conditions may vary depending on the severity of the violation and the student’s history with ePEERS. Such consequences may include, but not be limited to, forwarding the appropriate information to the college or university of the offending student, forwarding the appropriate information to law enforcement, termination and deletion of the offending student’s account, or any other action deemed appropriate by ePEERS in its sole judgement.
Not all disagreeable or disturbing content violates these Terms and Conditions. For this reason, we encourage you to use the customization controls available in the ePEERS site to personalize your experience. Students often resolve issues they have about a piece of content or communication by simply reaching out to the student who posted it. To the extent you are comfortable doing so, you may consider reaching out directly to the posting student when you’re unhappy with a communication, post, photo, or other content you see on ePEERS.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
ePEERS does not own any of the student or user provided content, and thus, you will continue to own and be solely responsible for the content and information you post on ePEERs; however, by posting, you give ePEERS a license to have such post and information be used by ePEERS consistent with these Terms and Conditions and as otherwise stated on this website (as more specifically identified below). In addition:
- Before sharing content on ePEERS, please be sure you have the right to do so. You shall not post any information protected by law or contract. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and/or other legally protected rights of third parties.
- For any content posted, including (but not limited to) photos, videos, copyrighted material or other intellectual property, you grant ePEERS a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, non-revocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any such content or intellectual property that you post on or in connection with ePEERS. Without limiting the foregoing, ePEERS may use any posting or content for purposes of enforcing these Terms and Conditions or complying with applicable law or requests by any legal authority. All information submitted to ePEERS may be used by ePEERS without restriction.
- When you delete content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. Removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
- When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. ePEERS requires applications to respect your privacy and the privacy of other ePEERS users, and you are responsible for the terms of any such application which will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information, and you are responsible for ensuring that such terms are consistent with these Terms and Conditions.
- When you publish content or information using a public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone to access and use that information and to associate it with you.
- Information submitted or posted will NOT be deemed confidential or secret.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about ePEERS, but you acknowledge and agree that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
ePEERS does its best to keep our communications Platform safe, but ePEERS cannot guarantee any safety or privacy with respect to content posted the people utilizing ePEERS. We need your help to keep ePEERS safe for all users. Thus, you agree as follows:
- You will not post comments likely to be deemed offensive to other persons utilizing ePEERS, including inappropriate sexual suggestions or intimations.
- You will not post any submissions that are illegal, defamatory, libelous, threatening, intimidating, derogatory, abusive, harassing, rude, vulgar, obscene, bigoted, hateful, racist, religiously intolerant, insensitive, petty, uncivil, profane, scandalous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, tortuous, intentionally false, fraudulent, deceptive, improper and/or other inappropriate and typically offensive or objectionable to others.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any person using the ePEERS forum or utilizing any information or other content obtained on ePEERS.
- You will not post content that is hate speech, is threatening, is pornographic, is indecent, incites violence, contains nudity, shows self-injury, or shows graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (including mass mailings), advertising, political campaign materials or investment opportunities on ePEERS.
- You will not collect students' content or information, or otherwise access ePEERS using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers), without ePEERS prior written permission which may be denied in our sole discretion.
- You will not identify or attempt to identify or share personally identifiable information of other students using ePEERS who have not consented to being identified.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on ePEERS.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using, accessing or viewing ePEERS for any purpose.
- You will not upload viruses, spam, worms, time-bombs, Trojan horses or other malicious code or any other harmful or disruptive component.
- You will not utilize any robot, spider, site/search retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, database, data mine or in any way reproduce or circumvent a Platform or the navigational structure or presentation of ePEERS.
- You will not solicit login information for, or access or attempt to access, an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not use ePEERS to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not solicit, encourage or promote illegal activity or substances.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of ePEERS, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other ePEERS functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms and Conditions or any other ePEERS policies.
- Registration and Account Security
ePEERS requires the following commitments from you relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on ePEERS in order to pose as someone else, or create an account for anyone other than yourself.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If ePEERS disables your account, you will not create another one without ePEERS written permission.
- You will use ePEERS only if you are an undergraduate college or university student and over the age of 16.
- You will not use ePEERS if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe the name is abusive and/or inappropriate.
- Protecting Other's Rights
ePEERS respects the rights of others and expects you to do the same. As a result:
- You will not post content or take any action on ePEERS that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- ePEERS can remove any content or information you post on ePEERS if we believe it violates these Terms and Conditions or any other policies or for any other (or no) reason in our sole discretion.
- You will not use ePEERS copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by ePEERS, or with our prior written permission.
- You will not attempt to identify any person posting anonymously on ePEERS or provide personal information about any other person.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on ePEERS.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use ePEERS software, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from ePEERS in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the Platform.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to extract source code from ePEERS, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or we give you express written permission.
- Use of Data
ePEERS will capture personal information from and about you to the extent necessary to validate you as an active undergraduate college or university student for purposes of qualifying to use the ePEERS Platform. ePEERS may also use this information to the extent necessary (as determined in good faith by us) or is advisable (i) to comply with or enforce the “Reporting Abuse and ePEERS Responsibility” section of these Terms and Conditions, (ii) to comply with any applicable law or legal process, (iii) to protect and defend our rights and property, (iv) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of ePEERS, or (v) to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. ePEERS does not guaranty the privacy, confidentiality or protection of any personal information provided by you to ePEERS.
- ePEERS Terms and Conditions may be updated and amended from time to time, with such amendments and updates to be effective at the time available for view on our website.
- Your continued use of the ePEERS Platform following notice of changes to our Terms and Conditions or other policies or guidelines constitutes your acceptance of our amended Terms and Conditions or other policies or guidelines and your agreement to comply with the same.
We may terminate your access to ePEERS at any time. Specifically, if you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for ePEERS, we may stop providing the Platform to you. Any termination will be at ePEERS sole and exclusive discretion.
- Disputes; No Warranties and Assumption of Risk
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with ePEERS arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or use of ePEERS.com exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of the State of North Carolina or a state court located in Guilford County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of North Carolina will govern these Terms and Conditions, as well as any claim that might arise between you and ePEERS, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against ePEERS related to your actions, content or information on ePEERS, or in the event you violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law, you will indemnify and hold ePEERS and our owners, employees, directors, officers, managers, members, employees, representatives, affiliates, service providers and contractors harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to the same, and you agree that you shall be solely responsible for the same. We do reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under these Terms and Conditions, and in such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by use and reimburse us all defense costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Although we provide rules for student conduct, we do not control or direct students' actions on ePEERS and are not responsible for the content or information students transmit or share on ePEERS. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on ePEERS. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any student using ePEERS.
- ePEERS AND ALL CONTENT THEREON IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY SORT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SUCH CONTENT AND INFORMATION POSTED ON ePEERS IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMMERCIAL REASONABILITY, CONDITION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ePEERS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND ePEERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA OR ACTIONS, INCLUDING ANY ACTION YOU TAKE IN RELIANCE UPON THE SAME. YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES
- YOUR USE OF ePEERS AND ANY OF OUR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS, AND YOUR USE OR ACCESS OF INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF UTILIZING THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT THEREIN. ePEERS AND OUR CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, AND CONDITION. AS SUCH, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ePEERS WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ePEERS WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS, LOSS OR IMPERFECTIONS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ePEERS OR ANY OF OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OWNERS, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) ARISING FROM, ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUR OF, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ePEERS, OUR PLATFORM, OR ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE US, OUR AFFILIATES AND OUR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, ePEERS' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
- WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OF THE FOREGOING, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR ePEERS WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
- By "Platform" we mean the ePEERS.com website and the native application for IOS and Android.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by students and non-students who interact with ePEERS.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other students post, provide or share using ePEERS Platform.
- By "data" or "student data" or "student's data" we mean any data, including a student's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from ePEERS or provide to ePEERS through the Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on ePEERS or otherwise make available by using ePEERS.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application (or “app”) or website that uses or accesses the Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from ePEERS.
- By “Trademarks” we mean “ePEERS”, “Ask. Offer. Share.”, “Ask Advice. Offer Friendship. Share Support.”, “Student Supporting Students”, and any other federally protected ePEERS materials and/or marks
- These Terms and Conditions are an agreement between you and ePEERS, LLC. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” are references to ePEERS, LLC.
- These Terms and Conditions make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding ePEERS, and supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions, it will not be considered a waiver to enforce any such Term or Condition now or in the future.
- Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing and signed by ePEERS.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to anyone else without ePEERS’ consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prevent us from complying with any law, subpoena or legal directive.
- These Terms and Conditions do not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- You will not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.